NASMELagos is a best practices Business membership organization that use a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in Lagos and Nigeria.
Our dedicated team fined and forged the best new ideas and proven practices from across our vast network of Nigerian Business leaders. Then we customize and hardwire them into every member of our organization, creating enduring value. Interested in membership? Contact us.
Since NASME’s inception in 1996, we have grown from a small think tank and advocacy group in a single apartment into 26 States in Nigeria and the FCT. And while our impact on MSMEs has multiplied over the decades, our commitment to members has not changed.
Through our membership model, we collaborate with executives and their teams to find and implement the best solutions to their toughest challenges. We offer:
- Evaluation: In-depth and cutting edge study of best practices
- Research: Proven, actionable insights inspired by MSME’s most progressive organizations.
- Technology: Analytics platforms that surface opportunities, hardwire best practices, and accelerate progress.
- Consulting: Seasoned experts providing strategic, customized support.
Learn more about how we’re helping members transform their strategy, customer care, Product delivery, administration and Marketing operations—and why organizations look to us as a strategic partner.
Brief History of NASME
The Nigerian Association of Small & Medium Enterprises (NASME National) was registered in 1996 as a Business Membership Organization (BMO) Not for Profit Organisation.
The Lagos State chapter being the most vibrant takes the lead in all activities to co-ordinate and promotes the growth and development of the MSME sector of the Nigerian economy. NASME was jointly conceived by promoters of MSMEs in the private sector and agencies of the federal government of Nigeria including the Bank of Industry, to serve as the apex organization that will coordinate MSME activities and interacts with local and foreign organizations whose services are vital to the development of MSMEs.
The Association provides a forum for interaction and adoption of a concerted approach to issues of strategic importance to the development of MSMEs. NASME is the only Nigerian private sector -led BMO affiliated to the World Association of Small & Medium Enterprises (WASME) enjoying consultative status with the United Nations. NASME is equally being assisted through strategic collaborations with UNIDO, UNDP, IFC, Federal Ministries, several embassies and bilateral Chambers of Commerce on its various projects. The Association is committed to further advancing the NASME brand by providing high-quality and responsive services and building and strengthening partnerships nationwide in order to better serve her members.
Visions, Missions & Aims
To be the voice of Nigeria Entrepreneurs advocating for conducive operating environment while partnering with MSME promoters to ensure the emergence of Large pool of viable and technologically empowered MSMEs
To promote the empowerment of Nigeria’s MSMEs as a means of achieving sustainable employment generation, economics growth development in the country.
THE ASSOCIATION’S OBJECTIVES
- Provide and disseminate useful and timely information for the advancement of its member businesses
- Facilitate delivery of suitable credits to MSMEs through member financial Institutions, etc
- Create public awareness of the role of MSMEs in National development
- Properly co-ordinate MSME activities by interfacing with investors (local and foreign) and adopting strategic approach to issues bothering on the development and well-being of MSMES in Nigeria
- Development and maintain a comprehensive date bank for MSMEs
- Ensure and facilitate regular organization of workshops, seminars, lectures, summit and annual international conferences
- Engage in the provision of practical technical support services to MSMEs and other corporate bodies, especially in the area of business consultancy
- Sponsor members to trade missions abroad
- Play more active role in policy advocacy on issues affecting MSMEs through legislative and executive lobby as well as ensure proper representative and participation in state and federal government special committees
- Foster closer ties with international donor agencies like the IFC, UNIDO, UNDP, CIPE, ENABLE etc. and the World Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (WASME)
- Provide export promotion service and identification of markets for the products of MSMEs
- Expose MSMEs to local and foreign markets through trade fair/exhibitions and rad shows
- Identify and source appropriate technologies and relevant raw materials that can enhance the efficiency of MSMEs
NASMELagos Management Team
Meet our Management team.
They guide NASMELagos Secretariat in the quest to achieve its 5 cardinal goals:
- Advocating for sustainable business structural Development and Ease of doing business
- Access to Funding
- Access to Market
- Access to Technology
- Capacity Building of Members and make NASMELagos a great place to work.
Learn more about our team by clicking on their photo.
- Samuel Ikumapayi – Admin Manager
- Joy Okwudifele – Admin Secretary
- Joshua Okuwnze – Assistant Administrative Officer
Our Management Approach
Additionally, NASMELagos Management’s team consists of a full administrative desk complement of experienced and reliable administrative officer and Assistant.
Our team efficiently manages all membership needs, we handle all aspects of business information from start to finish and provide our members with detailed feedback. Our monthly MSMEs forum hosting over 100 businesses in one location tops all our quality engagement with members and intending members who understand the current economic conditions and are ready to do the right thing to move Nigeria forward.
Therefore, our membership dues are competitive, fair and realistic. NASMELagos has a variety of flexible business membership category plans and we welcome the opportunity to discuss our services and pair those with your needs to best fit each individual situation. We look forward to working with you and developing a positive working relationship that may allow you to save both time and money.